Monday, May 24, 2010

Good Job

When Haley does what I ask her or says something correctly I usually say "Good Job!"  She has heard that phrase a lot in her life.  I believe in positive reinforcement.  There are times that she doesn't follow my instructions, she can be a bit stubborn, but I usually try to turn things around so that they are positive.

Occasionally Haley will take it upon herself to do something.   She likes lollipops.  We always ask her to throw away the stick when she is done with one.  Once I heard her in the kitchen say "Good Job!"  No one was around her.  She had thrown the stick away all on her own and then had said "Good Job!" for herself.

This morning my husband asked her to sign a birthday card for her Grandma.  After he walked away she said "Birthday. Grandma."  I said "Yes, it is Grandma's Birthday."  She then sang the birthday song for her Grandma.  I wish I had known she was going to do it so that I could have recorded it.  I have heard her sing the song before, but we recently celebrated Big Sis's birthday and my birthday and she didn't sing for either of us.

I had been out of town for the weekend and I hadn't put my suitcase away.  She came in to my bathroom this morning and saw it sitting on the floor.  She said "Case."  I told her that I hadn't had a chance to put it away yet and I would be doing that pretty soon.

Then later on when I was getting her lunch ready she started stacking her videos.  She took all of the videos off of the shelf and stacked them on the floor.  She got them all lined up and said "Good Job."  I really didn't know what she was doing.  After she left for school I thought about it.  I am guessing that she was tying the birthday card together with my luggage and guessing that we would be heading out for a visit soon, so she was getting her videos ready.

I have put away my luggage, and all other remnants of my trip.  I have picked up her videos and put them away.  She didn't say anything when she got home from school.  Hopefully she won't be too disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd been there to hear the "birthday song". That's so special! Good Job, Haley

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...