Monday, August 9, 2010

Wow. Really?

This is one of those times that the title of this blog is so appropriate.  My daughter amazes me...

Sunday morning we woke up and had breakfast and got dressed and went out to look at the Yukon.  As we walked toward it this is what I said:

"Haley, something bad happened last night.  Someone broke the window out of the Yukon."

We walked up to the Yukon and I put my hand through the window.  I showed her the glass all over the seat and the floor and the bits that were still hanging on to the side of the opening.

"Someone wanted your purses.  They broke the window and they took them.  See.  Your purses are gone."

She looked in the window and then she turned to me and said.

"Gone."

"Yes, honey your purses are gone."


"Heather."


"Do you want to go say 'Good Morning' to Heather?"


"Yeah."

That was it. 

Then we went up the hill and visited the cow that lives behind Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Haley's Dad and her Grandpa made a makeshift window out of cardboard and duct tape and cleaned all of the glass out of the Yukon and we drove it home.  This morning someone came to the house and fixed the window.

Haley did ask me if she could take three toys from the box of toys that Grandma and Grandpa have for her at their house home with us.  I told her to ask her Grandma and she did.  Grandma said she could bring them home.  We now have a Mickey Mouse, a Minnie Mouse and a Woody the Woodpecker that we didn't have before.  She has played with them constantly ever since.

This morning I noticed that Haley was going through her toys in her room.  She hasn't said anything more about the toys that are gone.  I don't know if she will.  I kind of feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, but so far it hasn't affected her.  She has been really big about it.

Will wonders never cease?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...