Wednesday, November 10, 2010

New Clothes

I asked Haley's Big Sis to go through her closet and find some clothes that she doesn't wear anymore because ARC is coming to pick up the clothes I have been collecting.  I thought we might as well make it a paying trip for them. 

I am going to pause now to let you know that we always take our used clothes to the ARC.  They support programs for kids like Haley.  The items are sold at the Value Village and the money goes to a worthy cause.

Anyway.  Haley came in to her sister's room and saw the pile of clothes on the floor.  She heard her sister and I talking about the clothes and she just stood there looking at us. 

I know my daughter.  She didn't have to say anything.  She wanted those clothes.

I picked up the pile of clothes and she reached out for them.  I handed them to her and that was that.  She was able to put one of the shirts on by herself and she wore it the rest of the night.

This morning after breakfast I told her it was time to get dressed.  I didn't have to tell her twice, she stood right up and headed up the stairs.  I started to follow her and I said "That was quick, do you have an outfit in mind?" and she said "Guitars. Gray."  I knew exactly what she was talking about.  There was a gray shirt with guitars on it in that pile from her sister's room.

We got her dressed and she was really excited. 


I hope she can pay attention in school today.  Her Dad and I met with her teacher on Monday night and one of the things we talked about was how much she likes to show off her clothes and discuss what she is wearing.  Apparently it is difficult to get her to concentrate on her schoolwork because she wants to talk about her clothes.

Here I was thinking that she and her sister had such different tastes.  I guess I was wrong about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...