Wednesday, March 16, 2011

She is Listening

The other day I was watching television in the living room and Haley walked in.  Her stable was in the middle of the room.  She picked up a basket full of horses and then reached for the stable with the other hand.

"Haley, you won't be able to carry both of those,"  I said.

She tried again.

"Haley, take the basket now and then come back for the stable."

She stood and thought about that for a few seconds and then she turned and walked out of the room.  A few minutes later she came back and pointed to the stable and grunted.

"You can pick the stable up now, you can use both hands."

She looked at me.  After a beat she bent down and picked up the stable.  She turned it and adjusted her grip on it and started to head out of the room.

"See Haley, I told you you could do it," I said.

She said "Good Job."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...