Thursday, June 17, 2010

Peace

Haley is all about peace.  The symbol that is. 

For some reason the peace symbol resonates with her.  She has had an affinity for it for many years.  When she is shopping she is drawn to it like a magnet.  At first I didn't realize how pervasive it has become until I was folding her clothes one day and I noticed that t-shirt after t-shirt had the peace symbol on it in some fashion.




It has become quite the running joke in our house.  Well, especially between Haley's Big Sis and I.  If we see something with a peace symbol on it we know it is just a matter of time before Haley will notice it.  When we get catalogs in the mail, or the circulars in the paper we know that Haley will point out the peace symbols.


We recently got the new catalog for Pottery Barn Teen which has many things in it covered in peace symbols.  They call the line Berkeley.  When I saw it I immediately thought of Haley.  Her birthday is coming up and I don't have a present for her yet.  She has been giving me clues that she might like some new luggage, this is something she frequently points out in newspaper ads.

I don't know why she wants new luggage.  She used to have a small pullman that came with a matching backpack, fanny pack and sleeping bag that Grandma C gave her.  It became too small for our use when her legs got so long.  I have to fold her pants many times to get them to fit.  If we are packing for more than two days it gets way too full.  I donated the whole set recently.  We have been packing her clothes in my suitcase when we travel.  I guess she has decided she doesn't want to share with me.

The PB Teen catalog has bedding in the Berkeley motif as well, so I am thinking that would also make a fun gift.  She got a hold of the catalog the other day and noticed all of the peace symbols immediately.


As I am typing this the catalog is sitting on the table, she just walked by and pointed to the backpack on the back of the catalog and said "Peace."

Peace, Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...