Monday, June 28, 2010

Tell us about your weekend

My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary this weekend by staying at a wonderful B & B.  We were able to drop Haley and her Big Sis off with their Grandma and Grandpa on our way there.  We had a great time on our own and I think Haley had a great time too.

When we got to the house to pick up the girls Haley seemed happy to see us.  She came up to me and gave me a hug then started telling me about her weekend.  She was animated and excited, but very quiet.  I had to listen very carefully and repeat some of her words to verify that I had understood her.  Grandma was standing close by and nodding when I guessed right.

We had dinner with them before we had to head back home.   During dinner we heard about the exciting weekend they had.  They visited their tree farm on Friday and went for a ride behind live steam on a 7 1/2" gauge railroad at a local park on Saturday.  Haley got to drive Grandpa's tractor and feed the cow behind their house.  They had a lot of fun.  They ate really well too, Haley had to tell me all about the hamburgers they had (I think Grandma did that on purpose.)

Most of these stories came from Grandma and Grandpa and Haley's Big Sis.  Haley was very quiet.

Until it was time for us to leave.  We gave Grandma and Grandpa hugs and said goodbye and got in the Yukon.  We drove to the end of the  driveway and then Haley got her voice back.  From the back seat we heard "Trees.  Trains.  Ride.  Steam Engine.  Yeah.  Cars.  Caboose.  Fun.  Tractor ride.  Bye Heather.  Leaves.  Eat.  Fun.  Grandpa lap.  Yeah.  Hamburger..."  She was practically yelling. 

Haley  must have left her voice somewhere in the Yukon and she got it back out so she could use it to tell us everything.  This went on for almost an hour until she fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...