Friday, August 13, 2010

Bless You

I have been busy lately, and a little distracted.  I am working on a project that keeps me at my desk and on the computer.  Haley has been keeping herself entertained, for the most part.  She has really been playing with her toys, which I think is kind of a reaction to losing so many.

She took a break from playing toys and wanted to watch a movie.  She brought me the DVD and then she wanted to be covered up with a blanket.  If you know Haley you know that only means she wants Shadow to join her too.  I got her all set up and then she wanted popcorn.  After I made her popcorn I went back in to my office and sat down.

Every now and then Haley would grunt.  She chose to watch the "extra stuff" from Monters, Inc., which means that I have to push a button every five minutes or so.  I didn't have the patience for that so I tried (yet again) to get her to use the remote.  I showed her which buttons to push and I asked her to push them.  When the show actually started playing I made a big deal out of it and told her that she had done it.

She actually pushed the button a couple of times, I could hear the different segments starting.  I was really proud of her and really surprised.  Then I heard the grunt again.  I came around the corner to see what was going on.  There was a lot going on.  Haley's Big Sis is good at setting the reminder on the cable box to the shows that she wants to watch, but then sometimes she isn't even home and the TV reminds her anyway.  That reminder had come up on the screen and Haley had started pushing buttons.  The setup screen was blinking.  I finally had to turn everything off to get control of it again.

So that kind of backfired on me.  Haley was no longer interested in pushing the buttons.  I told her that she needed to watch the movie, so that I didn't have to keep getting up.  I got that going and went back in to my office.

A little while later she had put in a VHS tape, the silly player that we have plays both VHS and DVD's.  It will play them both at the same time, so if she puts in a tape it starts playing it (sometimes) while the DVD keeps running.  I heard the Pixar short Tin Toy start up. 

If you haven't seen it, it is cute.  A baby gets a new toy that makes music, but the baby is not gentle with it's new toy.  We soon learn that the baby isn't gentle with any of it's toys.  Anyway, in this short the baby sneezes.  Right after the baby sneezed Haley said "Bless You." 

It made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...