Sunday, August 8, 2010

I am so sad

The blog I wanted to write is going to come in a couple of days.  This is the blog I have to write.

We made the trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house not only to see them, but also to go to a Mariner's game.  We left Haley with Grandma and Grandpa and Haley's Dad and I and her Big Sis drove to Bremerton and took the ferry to Seattle to watch the game.  We had a great time.  Then we got back to the Yukon to find the window broken.  My husband started to say that at least there wasn't anything valuable in the Yukon when Haley's Big Sis realized that Haley's purses were gone.

I usually make sure there is nothing of value visible in our vehicles when I leave them parked.  It is one of the things that my Dad taught me.  It is something that I take very seriously.  I even made sure there was nothing around the front seat where I was sitting before I got out of the Yukon, but I didn't think about Haley's purses.

We usually leave Haley's toys in the Yukon when we go to G and G's house because they have a box of toys that she plays with while she is here.  We generally don't want her to mix her toys up so we usually don't bring them into their house.  We made an exception this time because Haley really wanted her horses to come in with her.  Thank God we did.

I don't know yet what I am going to tell her when she realizes that her purses are gone.  I don't even know what was in her purses because she has had them packed for TWELVE DAYS.  I usually have some idea of what she has packed, but this time I don't.  My husband thinks we should just wait and see if she misses them.  Yeah, right.  She will miss them.  She knows what she brought.  I am dreading this. 

We have bigger problems right now.  There is no glass in the back window.  We don't know how soon we will be able to get the window replaced.  The Yukon is full of broken glass.  We don't know when we will be able to go home.

All I can think of right now is what will happen when my daughter realizes that all of her favorite, special toys are gone.

1 comment:

  1. :( Oh no! There are some pretty disgusting people in the world.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...