Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Multi-tasking

Haley likes to travel and visit her Grandma, but she also likes to take a little comfort from home with her. She packed a variety of videos both in VHS and DVD form. Grandma has a two story house. She has a TV on the second floor that Haley can watch her VHS tapes on and if she wants to watch a DVD she has to come down to the first floor.

It gives us a little break from the sound of her shows while she is upstairs, but it is kind of nice to have her come downstairs with the rest of us too. It seems to work quite well unless she wants to watch a DVD and someone else wants to watch the TV. That happened yesterday when the Mariners game came on.

Haley wasn't in a flexible mood yesterday. She wanted to watch a DVD. Grandma asked if she could watch her DVD on her laptop. I kind of forget that is an option. I took the laptop upstairs to set it up. The easiest place to put it was on the table right next to the TV. I thought that it would be a good place to put it because she had a little nest of pillows on the floor all set up so that she could watch the TV. I got her show running and came back downstairs.

A little while later her Dad went upstairs and then came right back down. He asked me if I knew what was going on upstairs. I thought I did, but I went upstairs to see what he was talking about.

Haley had the laptop playing her DVD and the TV with her VHS tape playing at the same time. On top of that she had my Mom's keyboard playing a background rhythm and she was looking at a magazine.

My child is a multi-tasker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...