Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good From Bad

OK, that title is deceiving, but I will try to explain.

Haley wants to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house, she has made that abundantly clear.  Her Big Sis came home from school yesterday and said "Haley wants to go to Grandma and Grandpa's doesn't she?"  I asked her how she knew that.  She said that she had heard her talking about it and also that she had seen the pile of videos and magazines and that her purse is packed.  She also noticed the white board on the refrigerator.

Haley got the white board out yesterday morning and wanted me to write some things on it.  I wrote Grandpa, Grandma, Heather, Tractor, Haley, 4449 Daylight, her sister's name and Shadow.  Haley told me exactly what to write.  She likes to go up to the refrigerator and read what I wrote.

Haley can say Grandpa, but she has always had trouble with Grandma.  I don't know why.  Certain sounds flummox her.  I think that both of her Grandma's found it disheartening that she didn't say Grandma.  I think in her head that is what she was saying, it just always comes out Grandpa.

Now that she has them both written up there she has made the distinction.  It is obvious to me that it is an effort for her to say Grandma, but she can.  I am really excited about it. 

I also noticed that she has a hard time saying Shadow.  I don't think about it very much because I know what she means when she says it, but it sounds more like Yadow. I asked her to try it a couple of times and I told her to put the "sh" sound on it.  She tried a couple of times, but didn't really get it.

This morning she walked up to the refrigerator and read through all of the words.  She said "Grandma" plain as day and then when she got to Shadow she said "Shayadow."  I am so proud of her.

So yeah, she is driving me crazy with her insistence on going to Grandma and Grandpa's, but she is learning to say some more words and she is reading.  Good from bad, see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...