Monday, November 21, 2011

I Blew It

What I don't understand is why after almost two months of school I cannot get used to the fact that Haley gets home at 2:00pm.

Remember a while back when I was so proud of myself for coming up with a great Christmas Present for Haley? 

Well, it arrived. 

I opened it, checked it out and set it down on my desk.

I realized that I needed to go upstairs for something.  As I got to the top of the stairs and saw the time on the alarm clock in Haley's Big Sis's room and realized that the bus would be here at any moment.  I ran back down the stairs and looked out of the window.

Sure enough, the bus was here.

After I got Haley squared away I headed back upstairs to finish what I was doing. 

Pretty soon Haley came up behind me all excited.  I turned to see what she was talking about and...

"SHIT!" I yelled.

Haley's eyes got big.  Her Dad yelled "What's wrong?"

I quickly backpedaled.  "What do you have there, Haley?"

"Daylight."

I told her it was supposed to be her Christmas present. I asked her if she was surprised.

She obviously loved it.

I said "Go show your Dad."








The rest of the day she walked around talking about it.   She kept saying "Daylight.  Cute.  I like it."






Her Dad just keeps laughing at me.

I deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know you, but just wanted to say that I really like your blog. You seem like a very frank, funny, down-to-earth person and a terrific mom. One of the best mom blogs I have read yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rachael. That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...