Monday, August 2, 2010

Daylight. Back. Box.

My daughter has been saying this for several weeks.  I am glad that I know what it means, or I might have gone completely bonkers by now.

When Haley and her Big Sis got to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's a while back she "borrowed" a catalog from their house.  She recognized the catalog because we had received the same one in the mail.  It is a catalog of train related items, things like; train decor, videos, books, puzzles and such. 

She really likes the item on the cover of the catalog.  It is something that I think she has decided that she wants in her bedroom.  I am not sure that she will get it, because it is relatively expensive, but she does like it.  So when she saw the catalog at Grandma and Grandpa's house I think she thought it was hers.  I don't think she had packed that catalog, but she assumed it was hers when she was packing to come back home.

Well, the day after we got home she had come across the catalog that was here and she put the two catalogs side by side on the table.  When I saw them I realized what had happened and I told her that she must of grabbed Grandma and Grandpa's catalog by mistake.  After a series of conversations about this she has come to the conclusion that she needs to return the catalog to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

So not only is she anxious to see Grandma and Grandpa for all of the normal reasons; giving them hugs, seeing Heather and riding Grandpa's tractor, she also wants to return their catalog.  She talks about it constantly.  Everyday we go over how many days it will be until she can see them.  We are counting it down on our fingers and checking the calendar. 

Every time we talk about it she says "Daylight. Back. Box."  Loosely translated this means: "I am going to return the catalog with the Daylight on the front of it to the box at Grandma and Grandpa's house where they keep all of their magazines." 

I have told her several times that Grandma and Grandpa probably don't miss the catalog, they in fact are probably happy you have it because you enjoy it so much, but it doesn't matter.  She has decided that what she did was wrong and it is time to set it right.  So I have to remind her that it is not really time yet, but in will be in four days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...