Friday, July 30, 2010

Don't Touch Me

Haley and her Dad and I went for a walk today.  Her Dad and I usually walk for exercise and sometimes we take Haley.  Haley likes to walk with us, but she also likes to stop and read the signs along the trail, sit on the benches and basically follow her own paths.

We really wanted to exercise today, and I had a meeting I needed to get ready for this afternoon, so we wanted to walk quickly.  Haley has spurts of energy where she will walk out in front of us for a while.  That is nice because we can walk at a pace that is almost normal for us.  She will eventually slow down though, and quite often I have to hold her hand. That's fine, I like to hold her hand, but usually I end up almost dragging her.

She won't hold her Dad's hand.  At least not if I am there too.  That is pretty normal.  If I am not with them Haley will hold her Dad's hand.  She only wants to hold my hand if we are all together.  I suppose I should be flattered, but it can get pretty tiring.  Especially if I have to pull her behind me.

I try all kinds of things, I hold my hand up and bend my elbow so she walks right next to me.  I switch hands frequently.  I put both of my hands lightly on her shoulders and kind of walk off to the side and a little behind her. I put my hand on her back and she keeps walking, I am not really pushing her, she just keeps up a little better.   I like to change it up, basically just to keep my arms from going to sleep.

If her Dad tries to do that she will run to get away from him or she swats at his hand.

I don't know what that is about.  I swear when I am not around I think they have a great relationship and a great rapport.  It bums me out that I never get to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...