Tuesday, March 8, 2011

No Mo Jo

Haley stepped off of the bus yesterday with a runny nose and a cough.  She also had a note with her telling me that they had started to notice the change at school.

I decided not to take her to Yoga.  I figured that the way she looked the last thing that she would want to do is hang upside down.

She sat herself down at the laptop on my desk and that is where she stayed the rest of the night.  She didn't want to eat dinner, but I did get her to eat a little applesauce.  By eight o'clock she was done.  I had taken her to the bathroom and she had a coughing fit that left her retching. I asked her if she wanted to go to bed and she said "Yeah."

She looked so lost and sad and tired in her bed.

I went to bed knowing that she wouldn't be going to school today.  I also had a hard time falling asleep because I didn't know how long she would be able to sleep.  I hate it when she is sick.  She doesn't know what is happening to her and she doesn't know how to tell me what she needs.

I woke to sounds of her coughing at 5:00 a.m.  I got her some water and some medicine and said a little prayer for her.  I didn't hear her cough anymore and I eventually fell asleep.

This morning I didn't wake her.  She finally got up around 8:45 a.m.  She came downstairs and sat on the couch.  I asked her how she was feeling and she said "Better."  I asked her what she would like to watch and she said "Tarzan."  I gave her something to drink, but I thought I would wait for her to ask for food. 

When Tarzan was over she brought me the Spirit DVD.  She got a pillow and a blanket and wanted to lay down and be covered up.  Then she said "Shadow."  I got Shadow out of his room and put him on her lap. 

That was the last I heard from her until Spirit was over.  I was reading a book in the other room when I heard "Again."  I started her movie again and went back to read.

Her Dad came down to the kitchen to get some tea.  He looked at her and said "Haley's lost her Mojo."

Haley is normally a very active person, she is usually up at the crack of dawn ready to take on the day.  The way I know she is really sick is when she is like this.  She just lays there, still.  That is not normal.

At lunchtime I asked her if she wanted some eggs.  She said "Yeah."  I made them and tried to feed them to her, but after two bites she said she was done.  She felt hot so I gave her some more medicine. 

I sat down to write this post about a half an hour later.  She started mumbling.  I went in to check on her and she wanted something else to drink, she said "Smells good."  Which to her means it tastes good.  I think the medicine might be starting to work. 

I can hear her talking to the television which is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...