Monday, May 14, 2012

Lemons to Lemonade

I have gained weight.  I could go in to detail, but I won't.  It's not about me.

Really.

The point is that I have a closet full of clothes that I can no longer wear.

Up until yesterday it was a major bummer.

Haley has gained weight as well.  What I mean to say is that she is growing.  She is almost as tall as I am.  She is filling out.  She is 14, but she is not a size 14 (girls.)

I have to retire a different pair of pants every week.

On one of the recent nice days we have had Haley's Big Sis came down the stairs in her swimsuit carrying a towel and headed out the back door.  Haley immediately went upstairs.  Soon she came down wearing her swimsuit trunks and carrying her swim top.  I helped her into it.  She had outgrown it.  I just bought this suit last summer.  I looked at the label. "S" was all it said.

I went up to her room and looked through her drawers for summer outfits.  Most of the shorts that were in her drawers were girls size 8, 10, 12 and one 14.  None of them fit of course.

A couple of days later I was at Costco and saw a tankini swimsuit that I thought looked like it would fit Haley.  It was the same size that I would buy for myself.  When she got home from school she saw it sitting in the entryway and immediately wanted to try it on.

It fit perfectly.

I was curious, so I asked her to follow me upstairs.

I keep a measuring tape in my closet.  I measured her.  She is basically a size 6, the size I used to be.  So suddenly my closet full of useless clothes has become Haley's drawer full of cute summer shorts and capris.

Lemons to Lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...