Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pulling Focus

Hi.

Guess what?  

I am still here.  And so is Haley.

My other daughter, Haley's Big Sis, has been monopolizing my attention lately.  Well, that is technically not true and if she heard me say that she would roll her eyes and say "Mom!"  I can't help it, I have been focusing on her.   Still parenting Haley, don't get me wrong, but very focused on Big Sis.

Big Sis just graduated from High School.  Just a few days ago.  So you might think that things will go back to normal.  Well, I have learned that there is no normal.  Not any more.  

Soon Big Sis will be heading off to college and nothing will ever be normal again.

Haley is doing great.

She has been getting up in the morning and getting herself dressed - even on school days - not every day, but quite a few days a week.  Today is the first day of "summer."  No more school until September.  So she will no doubt be up at the crack of dawn everyday from now until then.

Everything is an adjustment these days.  

Soon we will be a house of three.  We got a little practice at that a few months ago when Haley's Big Sis went to Haiti for ten days with a medical mission team.  Haley wasn't fazed.  I was a wreck.  Then when she got back we suddenly had a passel of kids in our house all the time.  I got used to expecting them and feeding them.  Next thing I knew they were gone. And so was Big Sis.  It was just the three of us most nights.  I had to cook for only three again.  I guess that is how it will be from not on, for the most part.

So far Haley doesn't seem to notice.  I wonder how long that will last.  

Haley doesn't mind not being the focus.  She just does her thing.  She got along fine with a houseful of kids and I think she would be fine all by herself.

Until she got hungry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...