Friday, September 10, 2010

Ready. Set. Go.

The first day of school seemed to be a success.  The bus driver had called me a week before and told me that she would be there at 8:40 to pick Haley up.  She was there and she was off.  It was nice to have a quiet house for a change.  I didn't have to get up every fifteen minutes to make her a snack.  I actually had time to do what I needed to do.  I was surprised numerous times throughout the day that I had still more time.  It was great.  She came home about the time that the bus driver anticipated and she said that school was "Fun."

The next morning we were following the same routine, eating our breakfast, when the phone rang.  It was the school.  Haley's bus would be there at 8:10 because of some scheduling changes.  I asked if this was just for today or if it would be the normal time.  It will be the normal time.  So I hung up and quickly got Haley dressed and ready.  We made it, but just barely. 

Haley will now be the first one picked up in the morning and the last one off the bus at the end of the day.  Good thing she likes the bus.

I basically gained an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...