Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Yoga for All

On Monday night I took Haley to her first Yoga class.

Well, it was the first Yoga class that I had ever taken her to, but it did seem as if she had some experience with Yoga. 

Haley did really well.

The teacher told her what she was going to do before she did it and she asked her if it was OK to touch her before she touched her.  Haley didn't really talk much.  She kind of whispered her answers and the teacher took most of them as positive.  She listened to her teacher. She seemed completely relaxed. The teacher even touched her feet and Haley didn't flinch.

It was really kind of amazing to watch.

She had her rolling on to her stomach.  Bending her legs and straightening them again.  I think I even could tell that her breathing changed. 

Haley seemed to know what to do.  The teacher asked her if she had Yoga in school.  Haley said "Yeah."  I believed her.  She did some poses that I find difficult. 

She did a really beautiful cobra pose.

Haley seemed truly relaxed by the end of the session and to tell the truth so was I.

I hope to take Haley once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...