Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Memories

While I am visiting my sister and her new baby I thought that I would continue to blog.  I thought it might be a little more difficult without my muse by my side, but I thought that being around a newborn baby I would be inspired to write about Haley's birth and first weeks on earth.

That has not been the case.

I am thoroughly enjoying the time that I have with my sister's baby. 

She is so tiny. She is so soft. She is so entertaining.

I enjoy watching her sleep. She is very animated while she sleeps, she makes a lot of faces and a lot of noises.  When she is awake she is just as entertaining.  I find myself just staring at her whenever I have the chance.

My sister has been asking me questions about babies, but it has been a long time since I have been around babies.  I don't think I have been much help.

What surprises me is that whenever I do remember what it was like to have a baby, to be around a baby, it is my first daughter that I remember.  I start to tell a story and I realize that it was Haley's Big Sis that was the subject of my memory.  I tell my story and then I sit and try to remember what it was like with Haley at the same age. 

I can't.

I do remember some things about when Haley was a baby though.

I remember Haley's birth.  I remember that she was tiny.  I remember that it was hard to find clothes for her that she didn't just swim in. 

I remember the fact that she had a hard time learning how to nurse.  I remember going to the doctor and finding out that she had lost weight.  I remember that we had to feed her with a syringe.  We had to wake her up every two hours to do that, if we hadn't she would have slept through the night and at that age that is not a good thing. 

I remember crying a lot. 

I remember worrying. 

I remember I loved to hold her.  She was so tiny.  She was so soft.

I remember that I wanted her to be my baby forever. 

I kind of got my wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...