Friday, July 8, 2011

Repetition

As I sit down to write today's post I realize that what I am about to tell you will seem very familiar.  After all it has been established that she has a One Track Mind.

Haley is anticipating a trip.  She wants to pack.  She is excited. 

As much as I have told her the actual day that we are going to leave she still wakes up every morning expecting today to be the day.  I tell her which day we are leaving and then we have a ten minute discussion about it. 

Her repeating her questions. 

Me repeating my answers.

She points at the calendar about twenty times a day.

This is my life.  It is the way it has been all summer.  All two weeks of it.  First Haley anticipated seeing the Daylight.  Then she saw it.  Then her birthday.  Then the fireworks.  Now Haley is anticipating our next trip.

When I think about the things that I could write in this blog I am sometimes at a loss.  I feel like I am just repeating myself.  Sometimes something happens that is just so precious or so maddening and I feel like I must share.  It is usually a desire on my part to share.  I like to share her funnies with her Dad and her Sister, but sometimes they are with me and so I must share with you.

But.  Sometimes nothing interesting happens.  Sometimes it is the same thing every day.  And by the same thing, I mean the SAME THING.

Haley wakes up before the rest of us.  She goes to the computer.  She looks at YouTube or the Daylight sight or the Disney site or the dolls site that she likes.  She takes a virtual walk through town, or through her Grandparents town.

I wake up and we eat breakfast.

She goes back to the computer or she wants to watch a show.  If she watches a show once you can bet she will watch it at least eight times in a day.

If I don't have something specific planned this is what she does.

If we are planning on going somewhere and she knows about it.  We have the discussions.  All day.  Every day.  Over and over and over.

Sometimes I just don't tell her.  Sometimes I spring it on her. 

She enjoys it just as much and I sure enjoy it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...