Thursday, January 26, 2012

Why?

We are all on this planet for a reason.  I believe that.  I believe that God created us for a purpose. 

Some people know what their purpose is, some are still searching.  It is my sincere hope that everyone finds their purpose so that they can fulfill it.  I honestly don't believe that God would put anyone on this planet without a purpose.

I am not completely sure if I know what mine is yet, but I feel like I am getting there.

What about Haley?  What is her purpose here?

I don't know, but I know she has one.  I know it deep down in my soul.  Because everyone does.

Everyone.

I have thought about this before.  Actually I think about it a lot.  I am a thinker.  I am also a worrier, but that is for another discussion.

This morning I began my day, much like I often do, reading the blogs of other mothers of children with special needs.  I was struck by a story that I at first couldn't really believe.  Not because it was unbelievable, but because it was such an affront to nature.  To the nature that God created.  Then as I read more I became distraught and finally angry.

Please read this blog post by a fellow mom of a child with special needs - and if you have time go on to read about it from the perspective of the mom of a happy child that needs a kidney.  A kidney that her doctor doesn't think she deserves because she is cognitively impaired.

Think about that.

Haley is healthy.  Thank God!  What if she needed a kidney?  What if a doctor said that she couldn't have it because it says "mentally retarded" on her paperwork?  The mother of this happy child was able to speak through her tears.  I am not sure that I could, much like her husband. 

The very thought of it makes my heart ache. 

We all have a purpose.  We are all here for a reason.  Some of us know our purpose.  Some are still searching.  Some may never know, but God does. 

God knows us.  Each one of us.  He has a purpose for our lives. 

We all deserve to live it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...