Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kleenex

Haley's Dad here. As Haley's Mom mentioned she is off visiting our newly arrived niece so I have the pleasure of holding down the fort at home. You'll hear from me a few times over the next few weeks as I keep things humming along.

Before Haley's Mom left we went over things that I don't deal with as much as she does. I'm familiar with the afternoon routine as I often will take care of that side of things if Haley's Mom is busy. The morning routine I'm not as familiar with as I'm generally in my office hard at work while most of it takes place. I had to get the run down on timing, numbers of bowls of cereal, bus arrival, hair, and many other things.

Our first morning went well. We were right on time and I was busy with assembling Haley's lunch. The next thing I know Haley hops up from breakfast and walks over to the side board behind the kitchen table. What could she be doing? Did she leave a horse over there? I'm not used to her visiting that part of the house by herself.

Haley proceeded to open one of the drawers and pull out a Kleenex. She wadded it a bit and put it up to her nose and blew. I stood there with my jaw on the floor. I've never seen her blow her nose unless she is prompted (i.e. during colds when we hand it to her). She continued to blow until all of the overnight crud was out.

I thought, wow, how cool! Great, she knows how to blow her nose! I'm impressed!

Then she promptly tossed the used Kleenex on the floor.

Sigh.

The second day went much better with the Kleenex. She again retrieved her Kleenex but this time headed for the living room where she sat on the couch. She blew her nose and carefully set the Kleenex on the table. Improvement!

Maybe tomorrow we'll work on getting the Kleenex all the way to the garbage can.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud reading this post. I love that kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading these and Steve thankyou for adding a daddy view.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...