Monday, December 20, 2010

The Nativity

Another Christmas tradition.

When Haley was little I put out a small porcelain Nativity scene by Precious Moments.  I really loved that scene, it was a gift from my Mom.

Haley has always loved little figurines that she can hold in her hand.

The first time I saw her carrying Mary and Joseph around I decided that it wasn't safe.

Luckily at that same time Avon had come out with a plastic Nativity scene that looked just like it. I gave it to Haley and it has been hers ever since.



Every year I get it out and set it up somewhere that she can find it.

This year it is in her bedroom.

Over the years I have found each figure in a different place around the house.

Sometimes she sleeps with them.

When it's time to put away the decorations we go around the house and gather up her figures and box them up for the next year.

Change is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...