Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

As I typed that title I had the thought that I could have used it as the title of this blog, but I digress.

Haley is walking funny.  I mentioned in my post about Thanksgiving weekend that she was walking around with one shoulder held higher than the other, a' la Quasimodo.  It didn't stop when Grandma and Grandpa left, and it's freaking me out.

I watched her like a hawk yesterday before school and all evening.

I've been coming up behind her and pushing her shoulder down and then I kind of rock both her shoulders up and down.  I have been giving her mini-massages.  I asked her if her shoulder or her back hurt.  Of course she didn't answer, I don't know what I was expecting.

I spent all day yesterday, as I decorated the house, worrying about her.  I was planning to call her doctor.  I was planning to call a chiropractor.  That's what I do.  I worry.

I even tried to follow her around the house with the camera and document it. She seemed to know what I was doing and made every effort to twist away from the camera at exactly the wrong moment, the moment I pushed the button on the camera to take a picture.

When I was undressing her before bed last night I took off her shirt and noticed that she was standing so cockeyed that her bra strap was falling off of her shoulder.

I started watching her again this morning the moment she got out of bed.

She was fine. 

Her shoulders seemed level. 

I couldn't quite believe my eyes.  I watched her all through breakfast.  Then I had a thought.  What if it was her bra?  What if she was trying to keep the strap from falling off her shoulder?  She wasn't doing it when she wasn't wearing a bra, she was only wearing her pajamas.  I watched her walk up the stairs and made a mental note to put the bra on her that has a racer back, I don't think the straps would bother her in that one. 

She seemed fine after I got her dressed.  She kind of started looking like she was cocking one shoulder up when I was brushing her teeth, but I could have imagined it.  I sent her off to school. 

I have been watching her since she got home and I don't see it.  I asked her Dad if he thought her shoulders looked level to him, he said they did.  So I will keep my eyes on her.  She is going to wear the racer back bra for a couple of days though.

Man!  If it's not one thing it's another.  What's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...