Thursday, December 2, 2010

Another Eye Appointment

Haley had an eye appointment yesterday.  She did really well.  She doesn't need a new prescription and her glasses are holding up well so I guess we will go another year with them.

There has been an appeal at our church for used glasses so I got out all of Haley's old glasses.  It has been very nostalgic for me.  Looking at them reminds me of all of the years that she has worn them.  I thought it would be fun to look back at pictures of her in them, the only problem is that I don't have very many pictures of her wearing her first couple of pairs.


This is the first pair of glasses she had.  She got them when she was four months old.  Notice the straps.  We had to strap them to her head.  At four months old all she did was roll around and then when she crawled they would have fallen off it they weren't strapped on.  It wasn't a perfect system however.  Also notice that there are two pairs and that they are both broken.  I am not sure if there was a design defect or if they were never tested for someone so small.  She used to take them off and chew on them.  I don't have any pictures of her in these.


This is the next pair of glasses that she had.  Notice how the white part of the glasses wrap around the ear.  Great idea, in theory.  They are also quite chewed up.



These were so cute.  She did better with them and I really liked the fact that they were metal.  They seemed almost indestructible.  The rubbery part on the earpiece is chewed up though.  I do have a couple pictures of her in these.



The next pair lasted a long time.  I loved the color on these, and that they are wire frames.  I won't ever get plastic glasses for her again.


I have lots of pictures of her in this pair.





Then there is the pair that she wears now.  She has had them since 2006.  She is pretty good to them.  She will put them on all by herself if we forget.  I think she is used to them by now.  I love the fact that they are blue, they go with her eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...