Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fly On The Wall

I wish I could go to Haley's school and watch her in action.  I can't, however, if she knows I am there.  It wouldn't be the same.

I imagine a lot of kids are like that.  They have their school persona and their home persona.  I know Haley does.  I would be willing to bet her Big Sis does too.

The notes from the teacher have been interesting this week.  Yesterday it said that Haley and her Miss D played a board game together.  She didn't say which one.  She said that Haley just took her piece all the way around the board on her turn, she didn't count the spaces.  The teacher thought that was funny and said that they will play more board games in the future.

More power to her.

I gave up playing board games with Haley a long time ago.  That probably sounds horrible, but it is the truth.  Haley doesn't have the patience for board games.  Frankly I think she doesn't see the point.  I might try card games in the future, but I am done with board games.

Today her note said that she did a really good job dressing herself for P.E.  That I would love to see.  When I am around she acts like she doesn't have the use of her limbs.  They drop lifelessly to her sides and she sighs heavily.  It is pretty pathetic really.

The note also said that she played Ping Pong in P.E.  I asked her if she hit the ball with the paddle.  She said "Yeah."  Uh, huh.  I would like to see that too.  It's not that I don't believe my daughter, or that I don't believe she could do it.  I just want to see it.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall at Haley's school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...