Monday, January 3, 2011

Time to Share

As I was making Haley's lunch this morning she came up to me and said "Grandpa's house tractor ride."  It took me a moment, but then I realized that she was starting to tell me what she did over the vacation so that I could fill out the form that she uses to share her home experiences with her teacher and aides.

I said "Hang on a sec, Haley," and I got her form; I wish I could have recorded what happened next, but it was happening fast and believe me I don't work fast in the morning.

I started to write something about Haley going to her Grandma and Grandpa's house and she just kept talking.

"Open presents, yay, 844. Boat ride. Lunch, yum, good. Heather. Horses, presents."; There was more, but like I said it's morning.

So to translate these are the things that I wrote about on her form:

Haley got to visit her Grandma and Grandpa over the vacation; While we were there she got to ride her Grandpa's John Deere tractor.

Haley is getting really too big to do this. It is kind of sad. Her Grandpa usually sits her in front of him on the seat so that he can operate the tractor. Her legs are so long that it is really difficult for him to do that. No way is she riding that thing solo. After some discussion we decided that next time Grandma is going to ride with her. Haley is actually taller than her Grandma now.

She also got to see Heather, the cow that lives behind Grandma and Grandpa.

Haley just loves seeing that cow. She got to feed her a branch after her ride on the tractor.

Haley also got to ride in a ferry and we had lunch.

We went on a special trip with the express purpose of riding a new ferry. This is quite a story. I will write about it soon.

Haley loved opening presents. She got a new stable for her toy horses, four new horses, Toy Story 3 figurines and some train videos.

You can read about her gifts here.

Haley watched her new UP 844 video.

That is really the only video she has watched since we got home.
Haley went train watching with her Dad.

This is something she does every Sunday and this last Sunday was no exception.
Haley went shopping and bought four new pairs of pants.

This seems like ancient history now, but a couple of days before Christmas I took her shopping. We spent a lot of time in the dressing room trying on many pairs of pants. My assumptions about her size were way off.  I actually bought her pants that were four sizes bigger than I would have guessed.  We got some really good deals.

Haley had honey mustard chicken, rice and veggies.

We always report what she ate the night before.

Haley had a bath.

Those are the things that Haley did on her vacation; those are the things that she wanted me to write on her form. I told her that if she was that excited to tell me all she had to do was go to school and tell her teacher, she really didn't need the form.

I know better.

She will clam up when she gets to school, but hopefully if they read the form back to her they may get one or two words out of her. My guess is that they will be:

"Grandpa."

"Tractor."

"Ride."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...