Wednesday, August 3, 2011

If my child didn't have special needs...


If my child didn't have special needs, I wouldn't celebrate every tiny little accomplishment.  I would be proud of her, but I wouldn't truly celebrate like I do.

If my child didn't have special needs,  I wouldn't notice the accomplishments of others.  I feel like my radar is on, all of the time.

If my child didn't have special needs, her habits would be more annoying than endearing.

If my child didn't have special needs, I wouldn't appreciate the differences between my two children quite as much.  I think I would notice them, but they wouldn't bring me as much joy.

If my child didn't have special needs,  I would be different.  I would be more selfish, more self-centered, more career oriented, more impatient, more demanding, more short-tempered.  I know this because that is how I was before I had her.

If my child didn't have special needs, I wouldn't love her any more than I already do.  I love that little girl with all my heart and all my strength.

Thank you Ellen for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...