Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Fine Line

Haley is excited about the next thing.  The thing is, it is really not the next thing.

Her grandparents brought her a flyer about the Holiday Express, which is an excursion that features the two famous steam engines in our area; the SP&S 700 and the 4449 Daylight.

She carries the flyer everywhere.  Especially to the dinner table.  She points to it and talks about it and wants us to read it and talk about it.  She really wants to make sure that we get tickets to ride behind one of the engines.

I keep telling her that her Dad will get us tickets.  

I also keep telling her that it is in December.  She wants it to be tomorrow.  

For a while she would say "Tickets. Sunday."  

I went in to a long explanation about the end of this month and then November and then December.  We counted the days on the calendar.  It is a big number.  

Now she walks around saying "Tickets. December."  

Out of character for me I tried to explain to her all of the things that would be happening between now and then.  We have several trips planned.  There are two holidays in there.  

I don't think she gets it yet.

I am walking a fine line between telling her enough and telling her too much.


~ Haley's Mom


I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...