Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mini Me

Haley has a really short haircut.

I have been getting her hair cut short in the summer for a while now.  I usually let it grow out the rest of the year.  I call it her Summer Cut.

This year she got a summer cut and then in the fall I had it cut even shorter.  I was actually thinking that it looked really cute and it was really easy to care for, so why not?  I really don't think Haley cares.  Actually I think she likes it when I spend as little time as possible fussing with her hair.

I didn't think anything of it.

And then the comments started.

My hair is really short too.  Haley and I have very different hair though.  Hers is really curly and thick and mine is very very thin.  I actually have mine cut short because it was looking way to thin to me and also I was tired of it in my face.  I didn't like it in my face when it was windy or when I rolled over in bed or when I looked down.  

I was just tired of it so I asked my stylist to give me a pixie cut.

It is the sixth time in life that I have had a pixie cut.  I really like it, then I grow it out for a few years and then I get it cut again.  It has been a while since the last time.  I had to really convince my stylist to cut it short, she had never seen me with short hair.  I don't know what her hesitation was.  I think she thought that I would be shocked or disappointed.  I finally told her that I had had it that short several times in my life and I knew what I was doing.  So she cut it.

When I took Haley in for her summer cut this year I said what I have said before - I wanted it cut about an inch all over her head.  Our stylist didn't really do that, it wasn't as short as I wanted it to be.  I still had to fuss with her hair quite a bit to make it look good.  And it blew around in the wind.  It needed to be shorter.

That is why I had her stylist cut it even shorter just before school started.

She got a trim again not too long ago.








A friend of mine told me the other day that she never had seen the resemblance between Haley and I, but she sees it now.  (Now that we have the same haircut.) 

So apparently, without even trying, I have created a Mini Me.

That was really not my intention.


~ Haley's Mom


I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...