Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ups and Downs

My happy go lucky child was not so happy today.  Well, not as much as "normal."

I don't know what to attribute it to.  It could be because it is her "time of the month," that is just about over - thank goodness.  I don't know if that is it though.  It could be anything really, but everything is making her mad.

Today at school her Big Sis's best friend (she is also Haley's friend) came up to her and looked at her currently blue fingernails and told her that she should paint them orange.  When her Big Sis got home from school she reminded her that she had said that so Haley got the orange nail polish and brought it to me.  The bummer was that it was almost time to go to Yoga and we wouldn't have time to paint them and allow them to dry completely.  I told her we would paint them Later.  She didn't like that, but that is the way it goes.

Haley's Dad took her to Yoga.

When they got home I asked how it went.  Usually he excitedly brags about how well she held her poses or tried something new.  Today he just shook his head.

"That bad, huh?" I asked.  Apparently she just wasn't in to it.  

Next thing I know she is bringing me the nail polish.  This time I had to tell her that her Big Sis and I were about to leave to go to their high school for Grad Night.  Again I had to tell her that the fingernail painting project would have to wait until Later.  

She was not pleased.

When we got home from Grad Night I started dinner.  Haley brought me the nail polish again.  I said "I know I keep putting you off, but we are going to have to do this after dinner."  

That really made her mad.  

After she threw a good old fashioned fit, she proceeded to hold the bottle of nail polish in her hand throughout the entire meal.  

So after dinner she went in to my office and sat at my desk (at her laptop) and stewed and brewed.  She was grunting and sighing and pretty much growling.  Her Dad asked her several times if she was OK or if she needed help.  She just kept grunting.  Finally when I had put away all of the left overs and cleared the table I went in to where she was and I said "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what do you say?"

"Nails, please."

"Ok, let's go."

We went up to her bathroom and removed the blue nail polish and I painted her nails orange.  That seemed to satisfy her.  She is in a much better mood.

For now.


~ Haley's Mom

I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...