Saturday, October 20, 2012

Excitement

I didn't get much sleep last night.  Haley got me up several times.  I guess her Big Sis even got up and put her back in bed once.  

She was really excited about her day.

About the time that I needed to get up she came in to my bedroom.  She needed wanted me to help her in the bathroom.  I told her that she should probably get dressed.  We got her ready and then came downstairs.  I asked her Dad if she had eaten breakfast.  He said that she had.  I noticed a bowl on the counter, she hadn't eaten much.  Her Dad had packed her lunch and quite a few snacks though so I think they are going to be OK.

He had to take her grandparents to the depot and wanted me to have her ready for him when he got back.  So she was dressed and had eaten.  All I had to do was brush her teeth and get her shoes on.  

I was reading the paper and having my morning coffee and she kept coming in to the kitchen to talk about her day.

She said "See it.  Hear it.  Daylight.  Black.  Red.  Orange."

She said a lot more than that, but that was about all that I understood.

After she got done with her litany I said "It's going to be fun!"

I got the dirtiest look.

Haley does not like it when I tell her something is going to be fun.  I get the same reaction every time.  

I always mean it.  

Whatever I say that about I truly think it is going to be fun, but she does not like me to say it.  I asked her what she wanted me to say.  Like I expected an answer.  

I didn't get one.

I didn't want to go down this path we had turned onto so I said "Yay!"

She said "Yay!" and we moved on.

She is off now with her Dad.  They are stopping along the route of the steam engine excursion finding good places to set up his camera and taking pictures.  They will be eating their lunch and their snacks.

It's going to be fun.



~ Haley's Mom



I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...