Friday, October 19, 2012

Focus

Haley is excited.

Her grandparents are here.  She is going to see her favorite steam engine tomorrow. 

It's all good.

When I got home from work today I walked in the house and I could just tell.  

Haley was bouncing off of the walls.  

Of course I knew that her grandparents were there.  I saw their car in the culdesac, I knew their plans.  Even if I didn't know that, I would have known that something was up from the way that Haley was acting.  I actually think that she would have been just as excited if the only thing that was happening was that she was going to see the Daylight tomorrow.  Maybe not.  It's hard to say, but for sure the two things happening at the same time had her wound up.

Haley's Grandma and Grandpa are going to ride behind the Daylight tomorrow.  

They are excited too.  

They were talking about the impending trip while I was making dinner.  Haley was in and out of the room bringing them things to look at like her Disneyland map and her Daylight Sales catalog.  I was a little nervous that she would get upset with them talking about riding behind the Daylight because she is not going to do that.  

She is going to "chase" it.

She told me that she needed to go to the bathroom so I took the chance to talk to her about tomorrow.  I told her that Grandma and Grandpa were going to ride the train pulled by the Daylight, but that she and her Dad were going to wave at them as it went by.  

She didn't seem to mind that idea.

Her Dad made her a lunch and told her that they were going to stop at some point tomorrow and eat their lunches together.  She liked that idea.  The funny thing is that he basically asked me what I usually pack in her lunch for school and he packed exactly the same thing.

So when we talk about tomorrow she says "See it.  Hear it.  Lunch."

She has her priorities.


~ Haley's Mom

I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...