Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Time

Haley's Big Sis drives the whole Halloween carved pumpkin tradition.  She always makes sure that we get the pumpkins and that they get carved.  

Well, she makes sure that hers gets carved. 

She has carved her own pumpkin every year.  I usually cop out and draw on Haley's.  I really can't stand the whole thing.  The cleaning out the seeds.  The carving.  Yuk!

This year Haley's Big Sis and her friend and I went to the pumpkin patch.  Haley was busy chasing the Daylight.  Haley's Big Sis got a pretty good sized pumpkin.  The rule always applies - she gets the pumpkin that she can carry.  I picked out Haley's pumpkin, it was easy to carry.

Tonight Haley's Big Sis decided it was time to carve her pumpkin.  She wanted me to come out to the garage with her and do Haley's pumpkin too.  I have had a plan in mind for quite some time.  I knew what her pumpkin would be when I picked it out.  

Haley's pumpkin goes with Haley's costume.

Haley has been shopping online for Grinch things all summer.  She brings me over and shows me the screen.  There have been t-shirts, pajamas, stuffed animals, pictures, videos and toys.  I paid attention.  I decided that Haley needs to be The Grinch this year.  I ordered a t-shirt and a hat a couple of months ago and put the costume away for her.

I drew a Grinch face on her pumpkin and then she came out to see what we were doing.




I think she liked it.

When I have something exciting to share with either of my girls I have a hard time keeping it to myself.  I figured I had waited long enough.  So I decided to show Haley her Halloween costume.




I think she liked it too.


~ Haley's Mom


I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...