Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stay Home

I don't think Haley likes school any more.

She has always loved school.  She has always been excited to go to school.  She used to ask me "School tomorrow?" and I would say "Yes."  and she would say "Yay!"

Now she just says "Stay home tomorrow?"

I say "No.  You have school tomorrow."

She says "Stay home."

It is not that she doesn't feel well.  This has been going on since the first week of school.

School started on a Wednesday.  That Friday she said "Stay home?" and I told her that there was no school the next day, because it was Saturday.  That made her happy.  I thought it was just because she wasn't used to the routine and she was happy to go back to her summer mode.

The next week she made it to Wednesday and she wanted to know if she could stay home.  I told her that she had two more days of school and then she could stay home on Saturday.  She said "Yay!  Saturday!"

It is the same every week.  She can't seem to make it through a week without asking me if she can stay home.  I don't know why.  When I ask her how school was she always says "fun."  If I ask her if school was fun or if she had a good day at school she always says "Yeah."

Again today she said "Stay home tomorrow."

I said "No. You have school tomorrow. Today is Wednesday. You have school Thursday and Friday and then you can stay home on Saturday."

She said "Yay!  Saturday!  Stay home."

I actually think that she really likes the routine that she had over the summer.  I think she likes doing her own thing.  I think she liked not having a set routine.  I hope that is it.

I hope everything is OK at school.


~ Haley's Mom

I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...