Tuesday, October 9, 2012

You're a Mean One...

Haley loves Dr. Seuss's Grinch.  I mean she LOVES the Grinch.

When she is on her laptop she is either looking at steam engine videos, Schleich animals or Grinch merch.  She does more than that, but at any given moment you might see one of those things on the screen.  She multitasks, so she could also be watching a DVD at the same time.  

She has figured out that if she places her mouse just right a very tiny image of her chosen video will pop up so that she can surf the net and watch a movie at the same time.  

No one can every convince me that she isn't smart.

This summer Haley brought her iPod to me.  Usually when she does that she wants me to turn it on for her.  So I turned it on.  That was not what she wanted.  She got really agitated.  She wanted me to follow her.  I did.

She brought me to my desk (which she has taken over) and pointed at the screen.  She was on iTunes.  She had the soundtrack to "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" highlighted.  She was previewing the song "Your a Mean One Mr. Grinch."  She thrust her iPod at me.

"You want that song on your iPod?"  I asked.

"Yeah."  she said.

"Well, I can do that."  I told her.

It took me a few minutes because I had to open my iTunes account on my laptop to buy the song and then I took her iPod and connected it to my laptop.  When I had the song on her iPod I turned it on and handed it back to her.  

She was tickled pink.

It is the simple things in life that make it worthwhile, don't you think?



~ Haley's Mom


I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...