Sunday, October 7, 2012

Excuse You

You know when someone makes an "unexpected personal noise" and they don't say excuse me.  In my family we would say "EXCUSE YOU!"

I have been doing that lately when Haley makes her personal noises.

She used to be really good about saying Excuse Me, but she is not saying it as readily lately.  So I say "excuse you."  

Then she says "Excuse You."

She has always sort of had a problem with repeating what we want her to say.  

I mean she is literal.

So the other day I heard Haley burp (a real one) and then she said in her most sarcastic tone "EXCUSE YOU!"

I guess I need to cool it on the sarcasm.

Ironically as I sit here typing this she walked up behind me and burped (not a real one) and said "Excuse me.  Excuse you.  Excuse me.  Excuse me."

I think I have confused her completely.


~ Haley's Mom


I am participating in 31 for 21 Blog Challenge this month. The challenge I have accepted is to blog every day in October to raise awareness for Down Syndrome. Learn more about Down Syndrome at the National Association of Down Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...