Thursday, July 29, 2010

The John Deere Hat

I was a little premature on Tuesday bragging about my daughter cleaning house for me.  That is what it seemed like to me.  I wasn't trying to mislead anyone.  The truth came out when her Father got home from work.  She was in fact packing.

Haley has recently taken it upon herself to pack for trips.  She has gotten it into her head that we are going to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  I don't know if she overheard us making plans, or if she just decided it was time for a visit.  When her Dad got home from work there was a pile of things by the door to the garage.  There were all of those videos she had "picked up" and all of the magazines as well.  Her pillow and her shoes were also sitting by the door.  Dad asked what was going on.  I had to admit that I didn't know for sure, but that Haley must think we are going to Grandma and Grandpa's.

I was reluctant to explain that we did have plans to go there, but the date was a way off.  She doesn't really get the concept of time or dates so I knew that it might not help to explain that to her.  I decided that I didn't know what else to do so I showed her the calendar and told her that we would go in eleven days.  After telling that repeatedly all evening long she went to bed.

The next morning she started packing again and she got out her John Deere hat.  When Haley visits Grandma and Grandpa she expects certain things to happen.  She expects to play with the toys that they have gathered for her, she expects to see the cow that lives behind them "Heather" and she expects to go for a ride on Grandpa's John Deere tractor.  She knows that Grandpa wears his hat when they do that so she always has to wear a hat too.  Usually we bring one of hers, but once she had to borrow his.

So Haley started wearing the John Deere hat.  She has worn it for two days now.  She wears it all the time.


She wears it when she is watching videos.



I don't know how she can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...